It’ll take a while to liberate extra paperwork associated with the assassination of former US President Kennedy


Agency, 6 October. The White House on Friday said it would delay the release of classified documents related to the assassination of former US President John F. Kennedy. President Joe Biden has stated that the remaining files related to the incident will not be made public immediately. By December 15 next year, 60 years after Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas, Texas, documents related to the incident are set to be made public.

In 2018, former President Donald Trump released a number of confidential files, but was prevented from releasing them for security reasons. The White House said the national collector needed enough time to review the response, but that the Corona epidemic had affected the work. President Biden said the delay in releasing the documents was due to “military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, etc.”

The assassination of the 46-year-old former president was described as a “deep national tragedy” that “echoes in American history and in the memory of many Americans who lived in those terrible days.”
A 10-month investigation led by then-Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren concluded that former Soviet Marine Lee Harvey Oswald had fired at Kennedy’s car.

But the commission’s investigation was criticized for being incomplete, after a congressional committee concluded that Kennedy had been killed, possibly as a result of a conspiracy. Under U.S. law, all government records of homicides must be “disclosed in order to fully inform the public.





Source

Sharing Is Caring:

Leave a Comment