24 Kartik, Kathmandu.
One lakh doses of Pfizer vaccine, which came from the US through the Covax facility, will be given to chronic patients above 12 years of age from Sunday, November 15. The vaccination campaign will run till November 20.
Sagar Dahal, chief of the Child Health and Vaccination Branch of the Family Welfare Division, informed that the vaccination program has been decided from the big hospitals with 24 specialist services available across the country.
Dahal informed that vaccination centers have been set up in 24 hospitals including 8 in Kathmandu Valley and 16 outside. He said that the chronically ill people above 18 years of age who missed the vaccination earlier will also be vaccinated.
He said, “Many chronically ill people over the age of 18 have already been vaccinated. It is estimated that children between the ages of 12 and 18 will be vaccinated. In this campaign, long-term patients over 12 years of age will be vaccinated.
Who gets the vaccine?
Patients with chronic diseases below 12 years of age
– A person who has been undergoing surgery or using medicine for a long time due to heart disease
– Patients with long-term kidney problems, kidney transplants, dialysis, medication
– Patients who have undergone surgery and treatment for any type of cancer
– Patients who have been taking medicine according to the doctor’s prescription for a long time due to chest problem
– People who have had organ transplants
– Patients who have been undergoing treatment for severe high blood pressure and diabetes under the supervision of a doctor for a long time
– People with weakened immune system for any reason
– People with cerebral and cerebrovascular diseases (such as paralysis, aneurysms, vascular malformations, etc.)
In addition, there is a program to vaccinate other children between the ages of 12 and 18 in case the vaccine is saved after vaccinating these groups till December 20. The program will run from 5 to 7 November.
The government has started the procurement process for Pfizer and Modern vaccines for children in the age group of 12 to 18 years. Nepal has already signed an agreement with Pfizer Company for the purchase of 6 million doses and 4 million doses of vaccine at cost sharing through Covax facility. Pfizer is expected to arrive by the end of December and early in 2022.