Why did SSP Yadav die speedy? This standing of his spouse prior to his dying attracted everybody’s consideration

Chief of the Federal Police Unit Office Bhairahawa SSP Sushil Kumar Yadav’s wife Rupam Kumari Yadav has reached the spot (Bhairahawa). She arrived in Bhairahawa by air from Kathmandu in the evening. Earlier, SSP’s father, mother and other family members have reached the office.

The body of SSP Yadav was found lying in the office quarters on Friday afternoon. The quarters where the body was found were sealed until the wife arrived. A police source said that the body was being cremated after the arrival of his wife.

Yadav, along with the current Inspector General Shailesh Thapa Chhetri, had entered the open competition for the post of Inspector of Police in 2049 BS. Chhetri and others were appointed in April, 40 candidates including Yadav were included in the alternatives and were appointed in Chait.

According to a batchmate, he was an honest and decent officer. Former Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Uttam Kumar Karki also remembers him as a normal lifestyle, disciplined and sociable officer. He did not even come into controversy during his tenure.

He was going home next month from another SSP as he could not be promoted in DIG. There is a 55-year age limit for SSP in Nepal Police, due to which he was retiring on January 30. If he had been promoted to DIG, he would have been able to work in the police organization for one more year along with Bishwaraj Pokharel and Sahakul Bahadur Thapa. An official at the police headquarters, the Naxals, said:

He seemed happy inside the organization. “The batchmates always said that he would be promoted to the number one position when he was promoted, but he was never promoted,” he said.

At around 9 am on Friday, Yadav’s wife Rupam Kumari had written the status, “Even though it is Kali Yuga, victory is still true.” Police officials have speculated that Yadav may have been involved in a family feud and that his wife may have written the status to accompany him. “This is a topic that is being explored in detail,” says one official.

Officials working with Yadav say that Yadav’s behavior has been changing for some time now. According to an official, SSP Yadav had fainted a few days ago. He was rushed to a hospital where doctors prescribed anti-depressant drugs.

Yadav’s mother is the sister of former IGP Dhruva Bahadur Pradhan. The parents were intermarried. Yadav of Ramgram in Nawalparasi had made a separate identity while he was in the police force. He told his subordinates to pay attention to the exercise. He also used to exercise regularly.

He used to bring gym equipment with him wherever he went. He used to build gymnasiums in some places. Yadav was smiling. He had the nature to laugh and laugh. Those who knew Yadav very well could not believe him when he was found in a state of laughter.

A source close to the matter said that Yadav was worried as he was about to retire as SSP after his batch of officers became AIG and DIG.

Another piece of news has come out after his death. According to sources, the police headquarters was preparing to take action against SSP Sushil Kumar Yadav.

According to sources at the Police Headquarters, the investigation committee had recommended departmental action against 15 policemen including Yadav. The investigation committee formed under the coordination of SSP Bhim Dhakal had concluded that the police was involved in the process of releasing the accused and recommended departmental action.

Tikaram Aryal, 62, of Butwal was abducted by Tandon’s group on January 13, 2008. However, a head office source said that a written explanation was sought after it was revealed that the police had expired without investigating Tandon.

After the explanation, there was a readiness to decide on departmental action. The investigation committee had shown the involvement of 20 policemen in releasing Tandon. Five of them have retired. The probe committee has also implicated former IGP Thakur Gyawali in releasing Tandon.


Leave a Comment